Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sleeping With Swine Flu

"If this turns out to be swine flu, would you still sleep with me or would you sleep on the couch?" My wife had come home from work looking like death warmed over, with barely enough energy to finish her dinner. She'd heard rumors of students and teachers coming down with H1N1 at the school where she works, but nothing had been confirmed. I dismissed her question at the time, saying we'd take it as it comes, and though it wasn't yet 8 o'clock, I started coaxing her toward bed.   

A story I wrote in today's Boston Globe Magazine charts my thought process later in the evening as I weigh whether or not I should join Rachel in bed and why, if one of us is to be banished to the couch, she assumes it would be me.

Rachel and I are regular readers of the "Coupling" stories written by local writers on the back page of each week's Sunday magazine.  I didn't figure I'd ever have anything to contribute, but when I got to thinking about the swine flu question she'd posed to me, it seemed like such an obvious fit I just had to submit it.

1 comment:

kaney said...

The 2009 H1N1 swine flu pandemic resulted in millions of individuals getting ill worldwide. The outbreak of the H1N1 swine flu was originally established in the month of April in the year 2009. Scientists and medical professionals established that the H1N1 swine flu was an interesting combination of genes from the swine virus, the avian virus, and a human virus. It was established that the original outbreak occurred in an area of Mexico called Veracruz.

ReHydration Drops MyoCalm